Upcoming Meetings and Events:
Bill S-2167 for the GLC to receive 500,000 annually has unanimously passed the NJ Senate, now goes to the Assembly Environment and Solid Waste Committee under assembly bill # 3804. You can follow our progress here: https://legiscan.com/NJ/bill/S2167/2018
The August meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 8/22/2018 @ 7pm at the Senior Center in Greenwood Village
Boat License Class - Sunday August 5, 2018
9am-5pm * Greenwood Lake Airport, 126 Airport Road WM, NJ * $80 per person * Minimum age 13 * Valid in all 50 States
USCG FREE Vessel Safety Check - Boat Inspections at Sportsman’s Marina: 8/19 10am – 4pm
- The GWLC is happy to announce that our stump reduction and floating stump field projects were successful. Three dangerous floating stump fields were removed in addition to the 1,076 stumps that were cut at lake bed level and removed from the lake. The GWLC would like to thank all boaters for their cooperation during the three-week long project and for your interest in this project.
- The GWLC’s sponsored United State Coast Guard approved Boat License courses is August 5th at the Greenwood Lake Airport between 8:45am and 5pm. The $80 fee can be paid by cash or check. Pizza and water are included.
- Free Vessel Safety Check at Sportsman’s Marina: 8/19 10am – 4pm
- Potential 2018 Projects:
- Continued water and sediment monitoring
- Removal of water chestnuts
- Geese control program
- Herbicides program
The Greenwood Lake Commission is a bi-state commission that was formed in 2001 for the express purpose of improving the water quality of this beautiful lake. Our Mission is to serve as a bi-state cooperative effort to help ensure that the natural, scenic, economic, and recreational resources of Greenwood Lake and its watershed are protected, so that the pristine beauty of the area will be preserved and maintained for the enjoyment and recreation of present and future generations. Greenwood Lake supplies over three million residents and thousands of businesses with their water supplies.